.:ultra303 v2.0 features:.
- 240*64 graphic display with adjustable backlight
- rotary encoder for fast value changes
- 15 menus full of features
every menu is reachable by shortcut
- switch for internal- or digital oscillator
- switch for 24 db or 12 db filter
- switch for disabling the internal vca envelope
- 256 patterns
- 128 patches
- randomize pattern with pattern mask
- clean pattern with pattern mask
- time mode is not needed anymore
- midi implementation
- one external out for drums or voices
- one out is directly connected to the 303 filter
- adjustable pre filter overdrive
- free volume adsr curves
- adjustable slide time
- filter cutoff modulation by
- fm with the ext out means voice 2 or voice 3
- fm with the drums
- or just create simple filter sweeps very like the demo i already did with the v1.0 version
- switch for disabling the internal filter env mod… this is needed if you want have a fully ultra303 filter envelope control
- pattern initialisation and fast duplication routines 4/8/16 to pattern len , shift, transpose up/dw and so on
- fast jumping inside the pattern via short cuts
- copy and paste of pattern parts
- direct access in the pattern editor to editing features without leaving
clearing (up down accent slide), transpose and shift for a selection of the pattern
and so on…
- and some other features 😉
- up to 3 voices editable directly in the editor
- 3 voices (could be more…atm i set it to 3 let’s see how many i’ll include)
the voices can be routed freely to ext out or 303 intern filter
- 2 oscs per voice
- saw, pulse (pulse width), sin, tri
- bit crusher
- frequence modulation (pm)
- ring modulation
- 4 lfos per voice
- modulation up to 1,2 khz
- saw, pulse, sin, tri
- syncing to note, pat, 1/2 pat, 1/4 pat, 1/8 pat
- 4 envelopes per voice…standard adsr (with log and anti log curves)
- full read and write of the patches
- almost all can be modulated
- a selection of 808 and 909 samples
- 10 independent lines
- each line has
- 4 accent volume steps
- pre definded patterns by shortcut
- each line can be switched on/off by shortcut
- the drums can be routed thru the 303 filter
.:features of the old v1.0 version (canceled):.
- lcd display to show informations and stuff.
- full emulation of the old internal sequencer.
- more advanced editing of the patterns like transpose, step forward and back, display of the next note and pattern position, randomize,1/32 notes, pitchmode and time mode is not separated and pattern length is not fixed to 16 steps anymore.
- midi implementation.
- pattern select via midi bankselect… trackmode is not needed anymore and will be skipped !
- better syncronisation…it can be synconized via midi clock (midi to cv/gate is not needed anymore) or it can syncronized via an internal bpm counter which is syncronized with a pattern select.
- standard midi stuff like note on off…accent slide filter automation.
- velocity (filter).
- 2 lfo (filter).
- 2 envelopes (filter).
- backup of the internal sequences .
- online editing on the pc during the 303 replays a song.
- the old ram is replaced by a eeprom…a backup battery is not needed anymore.
- 64 patterns … extenable to 512 patterns.
- 2 internal 0-5 v analog outputs. which can be used to control stuff for every note… it’s possible to setup a value for the aux outputs… that is more for ppl who are planning to do mods for the 303 by default they aren’t used…or for people who are using a modular synth (cv outputs) .
- a sid emulation is included to make new sounds…means the 303 has a new osc to create 3 osc sounds… of course the old one is still working and usable…you can use the old or new. (this feature will not be included in the release… i guess i need a second cpu for this
- random pattern generator…each feature gate note up down accent and slide can be generated separately… also it’s possible to setup a mask on which steps a random should be preformed.
- transpose up and down.
- shift left and right of the pattern.
- a simple pattern init is implemented.
- init silence and init 1/16 c.
- ultra303 is working on the ml 303 clone.
- a special copy feature is implemented to duplicate for example the first 4 steps to 16 steps by coping the first 4 steps to the other 12 steps…same is available for 2->16 and 8->16.
- scale correction of the patterns. means you never get disharmonic tones when you know the chords of your song… there are 20 scales to select from.
- special clear feature is implemented…means it’s possible to clear note accent slide up and down separately…also it’s possible to setup a mask for this.
- uploading of the firmware via midi
- a pattern groove editor is implemented… means a shuffle on the pattern is possible.